DiscoverThe Perfect Bird's Eye View
Island TourExplore Key West From Above
Sunset TourThe Ultimate Sunset Experience
Key West Helicopter Tours
Experience the full panorama of America’s only Caribbean paradise on a Key West Helicopter Tour!
At the far southwest end of the Florida Keys island chain lies Key West, a tiny tropical jewel set amid crystal blue waters scattered with lush green mangrove isles and accented with white sand. It is a place of unique scenic beauty that offers unforgettable sightseeing opportunities.
And that is Key West as seen from the ground. Taking in Key West and the islands of the Lower Keys from the air as a panorama with the turquoise waters and white sand bottoms of the nearshore shallows set against the deep blue backdrop of the Gulf and Atlantic depths is truly awe-inspiring.
Once available only to pilots and other specialists such as surveyors, researchers, and aerial photographers, spectacular high-altitude perspectives of Key West and the Lower Keys can now be easily enjoyed by any Key West visitor courtesy of Key West Helicopters.
Discover the Excitement of Key West Helicopter Flights
Whether you have never flown in a helicopter or have spent many hours aboard rotorcraft, our Key West helicopter tours offer an amazing new experience that will be the highlight of your vacation. Flying the lightweight, nimble Robinson R44 helicopter allows our pilots to skim above the Keys at high or low altitudes and hover on a dime in order to capture the full spectacle of panoramic views or zoom in on historic sites and natural features of interest.
In production by the Robinson Helicopter Company since 1992, the R44 is a very safe and popular aircraft. In the 21st Century, more Robinson R44 helicopters have been produced than any other general aviation aircraft, and the R44 has been the world’s best-selling general aviation helicopter every year since 1999.
The R44 features panoramic bubble windows that make every seat a window seat. It is easy to pick out details of the Keys’ towns and coastlines, watch boats on the water, and even spot wildlife such as dolphins, sharks, turtles, and stingrays.
With eco-friendly fuel economy and a capacity of three passengers plus the pilot, the R44 is the perfect aircraft for soaring along the Keys immersed in the natural beauty of the unique land and seascapes below.
A Key West Helicopter Tour for Every Taste
As the island city’s only provider of Key West helicopter tours, Key West Helicopters is pleased to offer an excellent selection of aerial sightseeing trips for our guests to choose from. Our helicopter tours excite passengers with the thrill of flight and enthrall them with amazing views of Key West, the Florida Keys Backcountry, the Lower Keys and much more.
The local expert tour planners and pilot/guides at Key West Helicopters know Key West and the neighboring waters and islands well. They have thoroughly explored the Keys by land, water, and air to put together a selection of Key West helicopter tours that let visitors easily match any requirements of budget, taste, and timeframe.
- The Key West Discovery Helicopter Tour is an inexpensive introduction to helicopter flight with a quick 5-minute buzz over Key West that gives you a great feel for the city and nice views of Smathers Beach, the Southernmost Point, Fort Zachary Taylor and more.
- For a little longer flight, try the 10-minute Key West Island Helicopter Tour. Skirt the complete Key West shoreline on a 20-mile circle that takes you along Smathers Beach on the South Shore, then by the Southernmost Point and Fort Zachary Taylor. See Wisteria Island, Mallory Square, world-famous Duval Street, and the exclusive private island community of Sunset Key on this easy, family-friendly flight.
- Nature lovers can extend the Island Tour with the 20-minute Key West Eco Helicopter Tour to fly out over the shallow waters of the Key West Backcountry. Enjoy views of the pristine Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary waters and keep an eye out for the abundant marine life, sunken ships, and other interesting sights.
- Romantics can get a fresh perspective on the world-famous Key West sunset while flying above the crowds in Mallory Square and drinking a champagne toast with the best view in the house as the evening color show takes place. Start the flight with a marine life spotting cruise and finish up with a relaxing twilight return flight.
- The Key West Ultimate Island Helicopter Tour allows visitors to customize their sightseeing experience in order to spend more time during the 30-minute flight on interesting discoveries or particular points of interest.
- Take a real journey of exploration on a one-hour round-trip over the Key West Naval Air Station and east along the route of the Overseas Highway up to the amazing Seven Mile Bridge. Fly out over the Backcountry marine wilderness on the way back to finally circle Key West and return to the helipad.
Don’t Miss the Only Helicopter Tours in Key West!
Key West helicopter tours are in a class of their own when it comes to combining the exhilaration of flight with the unparalleled scenic wonder of the Florida Keys as seen from above. The variety of available tour options, the capability of the R44 helicopters to skim low for wildlife spotting or climb high for panoramic views, and the expert skill and local knowledge of our FAA-certified pilots all combine to make every one of our Key West helicopter tours an amazing sightseeing experience.
Get an entirely new perspective of Key West as you appreciate the island’s historic landmarks and natural surroundings from above. Be dazzled by the changing shades of blue in the waters around the Keys, gain a new understanding of America’s greatest tropical marine wilderness, and see the wonder of the Florida Keys island chain as it reaches southwest from the Florida peninsula to divide the Gulf of Mexico from the Atlantic Ocean.
Grab a seat onboard one of our great Key West helicopter tours today! Daily seating is limited and tickets go fast so make your reservations now through our online booking system only. See Key West in a different light from a greater height with Key West Helicopters.